Connect with us


DuBois Beats St. Marys in OT after Late Dutch Defensive TD Ruled Incomplete Pass

Landon Schrock scored two TDs in DuBois OT win over St. Marys. Photo by Anna Mattivi

DUBOIS, Pa. – A host of DuBois defenders stopped St. Marys’ Matthew Davis shy of the goal line on a fourth-down pitch to the right in overtime, and the Beavers collected a 21-14 come-from-behind victory at home.

Also see: D9 R1/Clearfield RecapsD9 R2/R3/Curwensville Recaps

Watch the stop via Bigfoot County 102.1 FM’s Facebook feed of the game

DuBois (3-4, 3-2 D9 R1) converted a fourth-and-goal from the 2-yard line on its possession in overtime when quarterback Landon Shrock rolled to his right, tucked, rand ran into the end zone to give the Beavers a 21-14 lead.


St. Marys (3-4, 1-4) got to the 1-yard line on its overtime possession, but a pitch to the short side of the field out of the shotgun to Davis came up well shy of the end zone.

DuBois trailed 14-7 in the fourth quarter but tied the game on a 1-yard Garret Nissel touchdown run with seven minutes left.

That score came after a short punt by St. Marys gave the Beavers the ball at the Dutch 36-yard line with just over nine minutes left in regulation.

DuBois then overcame a penalty on a Nissel run that would have moved the ball inside the 15-yard line to score the tying touchdown.


St. Marys appeared to win the game with a defensive touchdown with a minute to play when Davis returned an apparent fumble by Shrock, when he was apparently sacked, 36 yards for a score.

The officials on the field originally indicated touchdown, but after a discussion among the officials, they decided that Shrock had thrown the football forward instead of fumbling it.

While Shrock was called for intentional grounding, the ball remained with DuBois negating the score.

Later in the drive, DuBois threw up a Hail Mary that Nathan Kougher caught off a tip at the St. Marys 25-yard line with 7.4 seconds left.

After a short run, the Beavers lined up for a 41-yard field goal attempt by Eddie Burkett. But Bukett’s kick was just short sending the game to overtime.

St. Marys had two leads in the game, 7-0, and 14-7, thanks to Ben Reynolds.

Reynolds opened the scoring when the Dutch decided to go for it from their own 32-yard line early in the contest.

Reynolds took a pitch and went 68 yards down the far sideline for a 7-0 lead.


DuBois was able to tie the game before halftime thanks to a 15-yard run by Schrock.

Reynolds was back at it for St. Marys late in the third quarter scoring on a 25-yard run to put the Dutch up 14-7.


More in Football